By Lori Morley
An Invitation
On Sunday, I and a group of people from my church will depart on our journey to Israel. We each have our own stories of how we became part of this team. For myself, I did not seek to go on this trip. It found me. One of God’s gifts, so gracious and so extravagant, that I have trouble wrapping my mind around it.
I’ve been reading in the book of John lately. My purpose was to investigate the connection that Jesus had with His Father, the connection that He is also offering to us. In John 1, two of John the Baptist’s disciples asked Jesus, “Rabbi, where are you staying?” To which Jesus replied, “Come and see.” The disciples then followed Jesus and stayed with him for the rest of the day. The phrase “come and see” grabbed my attention so I poked around the gospels to find more of the same. In Mark 1, Jesus saw Simon and Andrew fishing and he called to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” (NLT)
“Come and see…”
“Come and I will show you…”
These phrases speak to me of something personal. An invitation for fellowship. An invitation to be part of something that can be fully understood only by experiencing it. As I get ready to leave for Israel, I have a sense that God intends for me to experience a deeper level of connection with Him. Obviously, God is not calling all of us to take a trip to Israel. But I do believe that we are all invited into a deeply personal, experiential, and interactive relationship with Jesus.
Join us as we embark on our journey to Israel. On this blog, we will be sharing our experiences and the things that God is teaching us. We invite you to participate from wherever you are geographically. Walking with Him is the ultimate adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment